Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Final Shots

I'm down to my final 12 hours in Saigon. The past few days have been an emotional rollercoaster that I won't be able to process until I spend some quiet time back in New Orleans. I've been too busy to compose much recently, but I've been meaning to take more pictures of the city for a while. I had a long mental list of areas I wanted to shoot, but I simply ran out of time. I had to do a bunch of running around today and yesterday, so I brought my camera along and got what I could. The weather this morning was beautiful, but by afternoon horrendous downpours had moved in, making my final motorbike drive a soaking wet, miserable one. Fitting for the monsoon season, I suppose.

This city has changed an incredible amount in the three years I've lived here, and will only keep changing as time moves on. Some of these pictures depict iconic locations, others mundane neighborhoods, and the rest areas that are in the middle of changing. I don't doubt that all of these viewpoints will look different whenever I make it back for a visit.

goat feast


















Don't de-bookmark this page yet, either. I still have Vietnam content I'd like to post once I get back to the U.S., and I'm going to share some stuff from America as well. Once I (hopefully) move back abroad in a few months I'll start up a new, name-appropriate blog depending on the city and country. Thanks for reading!

7 comments:

  1. I have been reading your blog since day one.
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang...I actually feel a little sad, as though Im right there with you. Hopefully, Once youre back in the states...You can keep us updated on your transitions back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be posting stuff soon, thanks for reading!

      Delete
  3. Best of luck in the next chapter in your life. I loved reading your blog and can't wait to read your next blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Life moves pretty fast here. If you don't stop to look around once in a while..you could miss it". Ferris Bueller was referring to Saigon.

    ReplyDelete